Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bigfoot bread and the Caufield House

So today is my buddy Perry's birthday and he wanted to run down to the Oregon City Farmer's market and hang out and i am all over that so we go . He introduces me to his favorite bread guy 
BIGFOOT BREAD .
Fresh homemade pita , focassia , and other fine breads 
I got to say beautiful hand made bread . 


Bigfoot's oregano parmesan focassia

Bigfoot's fresh pita bread

Hummus from The Hummus stop

Olympic Provisions' Saucisson D 'Arles Salami  

So he's cravin a cup of Joe so we go across the street to The Caufield House  
start to look around
laugh at the sign for bloody mary's - all the rage with thte breakfast crowd
I start to notice this ain't just a coffee joint .
Hungry I indulge my craving for grilled cheese
ask about the soup of the day
SEAFOOD CHOWDER
Now i'm thinking Harry's Soup but don'y see signage but content with that thought

So looks ordinary enough so I dig in .

What is this ? A real piece of crab claw ( don't worry these are the remains after i ate the meat )
This is home made with gnocchi and everything
WOW !
In a day and age where most places take the short cut ,
Real amazing seafood chowder , unheard of !


Get looking aroung and realize there is a bar and a wine bar here too .
So a few great things found in one day with a  friend :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hangin' with me yesterday my friend, a great day to be a foodie!

    ReplyDelete